Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Stretch and sweep - how long did it take for you to go into labour after?

Hi everyone, just wondering what everyones experiance was with the membrane sweep? I had my first sweep today at 39 weeks and was 1.5 cm dilated and lost my mucas plug right after. I have been having period pains now since ive had the sweep. Does this mean the sweep has worked ? And how long did it take for you to go into labour after your sweep:)

Replies

• Options

Hi millie18 I had a stretch and sweep at 40+3 on my first and straight after I lost my mucus plug and was having period like pains coming and going every 6minutes .. I had that done at 9:00 Wednesday morning to then having my baby boy at 6:20 Friday! By the sounds of it it’s starting! Just keep active and keep them coming and you will be holding your baby in no time! Congratulations lots of luck!! X

• Options

I had a stretch at 40 + 2 with a consultant who really bragged that most of his sweeps caused his patients to go into labour within 24 hours. In the car on the way home, i totally went into false labour, which then stopped and baby came 8 bloody days later! 

• Options

HI, 

I was 3 days overdue with my 2nd daughter and had a sweep. My waters broke the next evening and Myley was born 2 and a half hours later x