Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Could this be labour on its way

hey everyone

im 38 weeks pregnant with 1st baby  and today been feeling pretty rubbish, lost appetite, period like cramps the (last few days)  headache and loose bowls(sorry tmi) and a lot of pressure/stabbing pains in vaginal area, and today baby has been less active then normal.. it’s still moving but not like it’s having a rave like normal. I  had midwife last week and 3/5 engaged.. could this mean labour is on its way Or just having a rubbish day.. had no other symptoms in this pregnancy its been pretty plain sailing for my 1st.. 

Replies

• This could definitely be the start ! All these symptoms fit in to the start of labour but it doesn't mean its going to happen straight away! Everyone is different though! I started having cramps, lots of pressure and loose bowls at around 39 weeks on and off but didn't have my DD till 42 weeks. I also had the sweep 4 times and done every trick in the book to induce it after my due date but she was just too snug haha! If I was you hun id try to just have a chat with your midwife today, especially if baby's being less active than normal just to be on the safe side of things, you could also be poorly, but please go get seen for ease of your mind and good luck!! :)