Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Early induction

hi, 

I am currently 34+4 weeks and since 25 weeks I have passed out a lot. Its getting worse the later into pregnancy I get. I have been tested for pretty much everything and all tests come back normal. 

I have low iron though which I am on supplements for which has been upped to 3 a day and a very strict rich iron diet which I stick to so that is all ok. 

Its getting to the point now where I don't even go out in public because Im so scared that I'll pass out and fall over. It comes on really suddenly too and I'm starting to feel very very down about it. 

Do you think I could request an early induction at 37-38 weeks? 

Replies

• Yea I think it's definitely something that they might do as long as baby is term (38 weeks) and is a good weight, not something to be taken lightly though I was induced at 38 weeks for reduced movment (he was fine I just couldn't feel him but because I kept going in with reduced movment they offered me to be induced, also I had increased water and he was a big baby)...he was my first baby and being induced didn't work they tried to induce me for 5 days you are not aloud to leave, after 5 days I was only 4cm dilated in amount of pain but he had turned and showing signs of distress I ended up having an emergency cection, then had to stay in hospital 5 days after, I thought that this would have been unusual but talking to the midwifes being induced only works like half the time, also doing it early and with first baby makes it less likely to work, don't want to put you off just letting you know because wish someone told me I went in thinking I'd either walk out with a baby the next day or be aloud to go home, I'd only go for it if you really have to x

• Thank you image , great help! X