Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Early labour?

Hi ladies, I could really use some help, I’ve been getting cramp like pains on and off for a couple of days now, mostly on a night but tonight and through the day today they’ve been a lot worse than they had been. I’ve also got lower back pain and keep getting a pain that feels abit like an electric shock down low, I saw my mam today and she said my bump had dropped a lot. It’s my first baby and my partner works night shift so I don’t want to cause a fuss over nothing (if it is nothing) baby is still happily moving around, I’m due in 13 days x

Replies

• It certainly sounds like things are progressing for you - how exciting! However, these things can take time, so baby might just be working their way down slowly... make sure you make a note of how long the cramps last, and if you all of a sudden feel a need to poo, that could be baby! 

How are you feeling this morning? 

• Pains have eased this morning, my bump feels impossibly low now and my stomach is tight, just going to keep an eye out 

• Can you feel the pressure in your crotch? Like baby is weighty down there? Oo good luck hon, you'll be fine! 

• Yeah but I have for a day or so, I’m trying not to get too carried away thinking it’s started cause then if it hasn’t I’ll be disappointed haha thank you for your help!