Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Waiting......

Hi all! I am still waiting for my little one to arrive, everyone keeps saying stop worrying and trying to help things along (raspberry tea, walking etc) and it will happen. The reason I'm writing is to ask anyone how are you doing it? I cannot Think of anything but starting Labour. I'm not worried about what will happen but I just want it to be here now and can't put my mind to anything else. Any advice to take my mind off the exciting moment it starts? Thanks 😊

Replies

• As I’m sure everyone who has a child already has told you, just relax, literally lol when the baby is here you won’t be able to sit and watch a boxset again without worrying what the kids are up to. Enjoy the peace, read a book, magazine, enjoy a cake ha. I might seem obvious but when you have kids these simple things aren’t so simple anymore! 

I did spend the whole day watching tv and bouncing in my ball the day before I went into labour, I think the ball helped me start. 

Do you have any friends who are off then can come around for an hour to pass the time? Xx