Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

No visiting rule for 2 days after birth - what are your opinions?

I'm due to have my baby within the next few week I'm just wondering the opions people have on the no visiting rule for the first 2 days I'm just wanting this time round more time to bond with my baby before everyone's in and out the hospital I already have a daughter and I feel she should bond with her sibling before everyone is in and out the hospital and our family home as this is a tiring and painful experience I would also like to sleep without been disrupted by visitors what are your views 

Replies

• Your child. Your house. Your choice. 👌🏻

Get in bed with your beautiful new baby and don’t leave until you want to, sod everyone!

i wish i has followed this more! 

• i Allowed visitors the first few days but these last 2 days I have had alone with my baby who was born tuesday The only person who has been in the house was my mum and that was to drop a few things off like food so I didn’t have to go anywhere. You make the decision on how you want to spend your time no one else and they should all respect you for it. 

• Nobody met my son for 4 days after he was born, people got moody... That's their problem, I did what I wanted and you should as well its not about them it's about you and baby and what's right for you  xx

• I have to say when i had my first, i found all the visitors REALLY overwhelming, and wish i'd stopped and said no - so you should absolutely do what is right for you - get to know your baby, and be a family, and if you feel you want to say no, you should. 

• Hi there.

I had a 2 week visitor ban with the exception of my little girls(LG) grandparents.

My reasoning for this was for myself and my LG dad to get into our own routine and make way for any hormonal breakdowns in privacy lol. My husband only had 2 weeks paternity so we wanted to enjoy as much family time as possible.

All my friends and other family members were totally understanding of this. I would do this again if i was to have another. 

All the best for when the time comes! Its such an amazing time xx