Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Can’t stop thinking about and move past my traumatic birth

I had my baby nearly 8 months ago and it was a fairly traumatic birth (had wanted all natural but ended up epidural, forceps etc). It took me a while to accept it and had an issue with constantly thinking about. I finally stopped over thinking a few months after however my husband is currently in hospital for nothing too major and I’ve started thinking constantly about my birth again!! Anytime I’m in hospital with him or even when I’m away I’m thinking about everything that happened and can’t ahut my mind off from it again. Any suggestions on how to stop it?? Thanks

Replies

• Have you thought about having some counselling about your birth experience? These things can really weight on your mind, and I think it might really help. You can self-refer from your GP - just speak to a receptionist and ask for the number and you can get the ball rolling. 

• Thanks I think I’m going to see someone about it. I thought it was something I would just get over and had seemed to for a few months. Being back visiting the hospital has resurfaced it all and I just don’t think that’s normal. Thanks!