Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Maternity Care

Dear Mums / mums-to-be...

I'm hyjaking this forum to just ask you all for a little help. I work in a Maternity Unit in the UK and we are looking at ways in which we could improve our services to ensure that a mother's time spent in a maternity unit can be the best experience that we can give. I am calling out to you all to ask if can provide me with any ideas on services we could provide in postnatal / antenatal care which could make a mother's experience more comfortable. I welcome ideas big and small; conventional or a little different! Think about information / services which you feel would be / would have been of benefit to you; or those "if only I'd been offered this or that service whilst I was in hospital" ideas! 

Really appreciate your help and look forward to your replies! :) 

Replies

• Options
    I would love my partner to be able to stay with me if I’m kept in. I am 30 weeks pregnant and the thought of not having him there and him having to go home if I i have to stay in over night really scares me. I know some mums would like the space but I would love the option as it’s probably what is worrying me the most out of everything! Xx 
  • Options
    yeh thats a good idea i would like it if my partner could stay with me too i hated it when he had to go home xx
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your comments. This is much appreciated and I will take that back to our Unit for consideration.
    Take Care