Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

30 weeks pregnant and really worried about having stitches

edited Apr 24, 2019 8:51AM in Labour & birth
someone people help me worry less! I’m 30 weeks pregnant and the one thing worrying me is getting stitches. Not the sore recovery just the thought of getting them in. Will I definetely need them? Is there anything I can do to prevent tearing?? And how sore are they to get??  So worried 😂x

Replies

• Options
    not everyone needs stiches hun try not to think like that i has stitches on my 1st only coz he got stuck in u bend i dint feel it they used pain injection ur so high with exctiment and all whats going on u take no notice it was disolveable stitches too most woman have no problems bet u cant wait to see ur little one xxx
  • Options
    I had stitches 3 times, with everything going on with new baby in your arms believe me you probably won’t even notice, I had to use the gas and air once as it was a bit uncomfortable but nothing like the job you have just done of delivering baby, I had no problems at all afterwards, I didn’t even know they were there. Trust me you will be fine don’t panic 😊
  • Options
    I had stitches 3 times, with everything going on with new baby in your arms believe me you probably won’t even notice, I had to use the gas and air once as it was a bit uncomfortable but nothing like the job you have just done of delivering baby, I had no problems at all afterwards, I didn’t even know they were there. Trust me you will be fine don’t panic 😊
    Thanks :) I'm sure it will be fine i think i just have to much time on my hands to be worrying right now haha... x
  • Options
    yeh cheers 👍