Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

C section fears

i had a private scan done at 33w6d (2 days ago) and was told my daughter is frank breech so if she doesn’t turn I will probably be booked for a c section at 39 weeks. There’s no way on earth I will have a vaginal birth if she is still frank breech by 39 weeks. I’m really apprehensive (I don’t like needles/cannulas/the thought of being cut open) But I’m exited to know she will be born within 10/15 mins of the op starting. I know I will be lying there crying my eyes out during the op because I am a nervous emotional wreck! Can anyone ease my nerves please in case this does need to happen! 

Replies

• I was this at scan done at 37 weeks and other scans before and like you I hate needles.I will be honest them putting the cannula in my hand was the part that was the most painful for me.The next was when they put needle in my back but only because during this they discovered my spine was not straight so had trouble finding the area where they needed to put the needle but when they found the area it was fine.The operation itself I felt no pain at all no tugging anything which surprised me as I had heard from others they did.Ask any questions and I will try to answer