Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Loss of sensation post birth. Can't feel when I need to wee

edited May 12, 2019 7:59PM in Labour & birth
I had my baby 9 weeks ago and ever since I haven't been able to tell when I need to urinate the sensation has gone I can go to the toilet but I take myself every few hours as I don't have any urge to go anyone else had this? Had forcepts birth with 3rd degree tear too

Replies

• Options
    Ive heard this can happen to woman whos had forcep delivery if it was me id go doctors and ask if theres anything they can do they might keep eye on it see if it gets better did read that try going toilet as much as possible take care hun xx
  • Options
    Iv been to the gp a few times regarding it but they said just keep going toliet it's just really concerning me alot made me have anxiety as I'm so worried I'm 9 weeks pp now and no change xx
  • Options
    Thats not fair hunny is worrying what can u do i dont no what to suggest hun except i feel for u and want to help but id keep going bk doctors saying bout it if it was me i think id have anxiety abd panic attacks xx
  • Options
    Iv got a gynaecologist appt next Monday so il mention it to them then I'm going to see a urologist week after that so il demand answers xx
  • Options
    This sounds so horrendous, so sorry you are going through this. Not had it myself, but the fact you are not wetting yourself is really good, as it means your bladder is opening and closing and cue, it's just not telling you when you need to go. (if you were wetting yourself, i'd be really concerned). I think all you can do is go back and see your gynaecologist, but you might also want to ask your GP for a referral to a urologist who will speciliase with this.  
  • Options
    Yes I'm seeing the gynecologist next Monday for my tear and I'm seeing urologist end of May so I'm hoping for answers as it's made me so ill with anxiety x
  • Options
    Big hugs hun know how u feel with the anxiety hope u get the correct help soon xx
  • Options
    Thanks xx