Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Premature rupture of the membranes

Hi I would like to hear from anyone else that has been through this please. On Sunday my waters started to leak so they told me to come into hospital to get monitored. I was 33 weeks 2 days, so they kept me in for 48 hours, gave me antibiotics and 2 steroid injections for baby’s lungs. There was no signs of any contractions so I was allowed home but to come in twice weekly for blood tests, swabs  etc and to be monitored. So far absolutely no sign of any labour pains and I have an induction date in around 2 weeks time, if nothing happens before then. But I can’t stop worrying, they have told me I’m Strep B and because my waters are still trickling out I’m terrified the baby is going to get the infection. I don’t know what to do for the best? Keep going and getting monitored and try and keep baby in for as long as possible or ask to be induced ASAP? I think I’m leaning more towards the first option and keeping him in as long as possible. Has anyone else went though this and how long was it until your baby arrived? Also was this naturally or by induction? Thanks. I’m exactly 34 weeks today.