Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Elective Inductions???

I’m due with my first baby (girl) on March 7th. I just had my 38 week appointment with my dr yesterday. Checked my cervix I’m 1cm dilated and my cervix is very soft and thinned out. 

I’m tired, I’m anxious to meet my baby, and I also have the next week off of work (yes I’m still working!)  and so does my husband who will not get any paternity leave. (39 week mark) . My dr suggested the idea of an elective induction on Feb 28th (exactly 39 week mark). 

I’ve done a bunch of research and understand that there aren’t any proven medical risks to having a medical induction but there are a lot of other pros and cons. I still have no idea what to do. I want to see if other first time moms are feeling the same way I do or if there are moms on here that have had an elective induction can tell me what their experience was. 

I tried bringing this up to my sisters/mom/family that are nurses and I just feel judged… I need help because I don’t know if should just go through with it or let my body take it’s course.