Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Waters breaking early

My waters went at 29 weeks. I’m now 34 + 4 days. Hospital want to induce me from 37 weeks (their policy) which would be a second c section. I’m reluctant to agree to a planned c section as if I can go from 29 weeks with no waters, then why not go full term? 
I’ve tried researching and was just wondering if anyone has gone to 40 weeks after their waters going early. 
First labour was traumatic, ended in emergency c section. I was robbed of a chance of going into natural labour - there was no risk to baby or me I was forced into a decision I didn’t want to make. 
Therefore I want the chance this time round to have a natural birth. Obviously I know the risks and I am being monitored weekly at the hospital. But there are risks with either option I.e higher chance of infection and future health complications after a second c section etc.

Replies

• I don't have any experience in that but the hospital can't make you do anything you don't want to, you get the final say, you need full information on everything to be able to make an educated decision