Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What a brilliant forum!!

Hi everyone. This is a brilliant idea! not been on for a while so only jsut seen it this minute!

My little one (harry) is now 9 months old but i only recovered fully from his birth 2 months ago and it still scares me to this day.

I was taken in on the sunday to be induced due to SPD and worries of him being too big. Was 4cms dilated already and they wanted me up on labour ward on monday morning to ahve waters broke if not gone in night.
Monday came and went with nothing. ended up being moved on the tuesday morning, waters broke and bang full on contractions!! Had pethidine at 9am which i did not want but the mw actually refused me gas and air. that mw went after giving me the injection and it not working and me throwing up everywhere!! Next mw gave me gas and air and she was my new best friend!!! But eventually even that wasnt enough so asked for epidural at around 8pm. That was done and i waited for it to kick in and waited and waited!! it never worked! They said they could keep topping it up but would most likely mean a forceps delievery as that is common. I point blank refused anymore as didnt want forceps thanks to a previous horror story i had heard!! So i carried on with gas and air until 4am wed morning (been pushing for 8 hours ish now!).
finally student mw said she wasnt happy so called doctor in who then called about another 4 or 5 in what i can remember and was told i needed assisstance and they were going to use the ventouse to get him out. that was ok but the the bloody machine broke!! all i remember is hearing the doctor ask the mw what was happening and she said she didnt know and to move it away quickly as she had never seen it do that before. getting more worried now!!
ended up being cut and having forceps which i had really not wanted and my son was born at 4.20am. he was a right mess. they had completly bruised his face and his head was in an awful state thanks to the machine breaking on the ventouse.
was then sown up and left for 5 hours in my own blood and horrible sheets. kept asking for help as was unable to move but kept getting same old story...someone will be with u soon. evantually got help and had a bath and then moved to other ward. no help was given to me what so ever. i was in agony and could barely move.
in the night i buzzed for help as i couldnt get harry back into his cot and i got tutted at!!!
The list goes on....mouldy bathrooms/showers. No help because wasnt breast feeding. sent home with my son being serverly jaundice only to be brought back into the special baby unit 2 days later as he had lost 7oz's.

Luckerly tho this has not put me off having anymore but i will be pushing for a c-section as there is no way i can go through that again. i know they say each one is different but i dont want to take the risk not already having a little one to look after aswell as a new baby.

anyway glad i could get it out in the open somehwere where it wont freak people out!!

take care all xx