Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

40+3 and just lost plug.. will labour come soon?

Hi ladies,

I know that you can have a show weeks before labour starts - but wondered how often this was the case, and how often it meant that bubs was on the way?

At least I think it was my show - im pretty sure. Only thing was is that it did not have any blood it in (Sorry TMI). I was walking down the stairs and felt it come out so I know its def something and not my imagination.

Anyone loose their plug as their labour started? I have been feeling a few odd twinges today also but nothing I would think significant.

Thanks

Cx

Replies

• hi. as you are 40 + 3 you may very well have lost your plug. mine have always been streaked with blood when labour has started a few hours later but i ca tell you that a show doesn't have to be streaked and can be clear. you may find that you will lose your plug in bits and you may find that next time ou go to the loo or something you may have blood streaked discharge. and your twinges sound promising. fingers crossed for you that it all happens soon. xxx
  • I started losing plug after a show at 40+3, then lost a bit more a few days later. I was induced at 40+9...so didnt go into labour naturally, but when they examined me on arrival they said my cervix was favourable and open so labour would've started naturally soon. Good luck x
  • with my first pregnancy my plug looked like i had just snezzed from the wrong area and i had no blood in it and not to worrie you mine can 2 weeks before labour but can come just before labour.

becki 31+6
  • well my 1st i lost my plug at 37 weeks it was slightly pink i had her 17 hrs later, with my 2nd i had a sweep at 39+6 lost plug 12hrs later it looked like a dark red/brown slug had him 5 hrs later
  • i lost my 'plug' the same day as i went in to labour, it should be soon, it usualy is, with the odd exceptions, yeah mines never had any blood in it either so its probs was your plug image good luck hope it LO comes soon, i know how anoyed and restless i was and i had my little boy at 40+5 weeks

xxlisaxx
  • My first labour was very stereo typical i'd say. I was sat watching a match in my mums kitchen with the oh and felt the show come out, went to the toilet to check and as i wiped the waters came. Pretty much straight away i was getting slight twinges and by 12 that night i was in hospital having him.

I've heard it can come weeks before and with some the same day but by the sounds of it you shouldn't be too long.

Good luck. xxx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/lamlamard20040909_-1_Ethan.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev235pfs__.png

• With my first my contractions started weakly then my plug came out, def had blood through it though. that was at 41+3.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you

joanna due TODAY
  • with my first i lost bits for weeks but my plug came away after my waters broke so sounds promising i had no blood either. good luck how exciting!!!!
    hayley 18+3 xx
  • i lost my plug at 39 weeks and went into labour at 40 +2. my plug didnt have any blood in it, it was just like blobs of clear jelly stuff. im kinda guessing that because ur over the chances of u going into labour soon are very high. because when u lose ur plug, it means ur starting to dialate. so i would have said ur going to go into labour in the next 2-3 days. the baby gotta come out sometime!! xxx
  • thanks for all the replies ladies...

I did indeed go into labour at 2.30 that very night after my plug went.. my waters broke at 2.30...

I now have a beautiful baby boy in my arms....and have posted my birth story in preg forum (for some silly reason)

x X x