Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

feelings before labour - HELP !!!

Hi Ladies

Hope someone can help me. I'm 4 days over and as much as I know things will happen when they're ready but i've been feeling very strange for a couple of days and was wondering whether it was some sort of sign that things are getting ready.

I've had no contactions or show but i've had real period type twinges on occasions and have a constant pressure on my rear - really feel like i'm on my period. Sorrry if TMI. Constant pressure on my bladder too - feel myself not wanting to drink as much as normal just to stay off the toilet.

Little one still really active too. Obviously this is good but surely should have slowed down by now!!

I'm booked in for a sweep on friday and really hopeing that will work. Hospital are not interested in booking an induction until i am "at least" 14 days over!!!!

Thank you.

Sab x

Replies

• Hi Sab, I was due the same day as you and I've been feeling pretty much the same s lets hope it is a sign! I think that pretty much an twinge we get from now on can be put down as a sign of things workng in the right direction. Midwife is coming tomorrow, so lets hope she can do something about a sweep, either doing one or booking it! Did you have to ask for yours or did they offer? I know we don't want to go 14 dayd over, but apparently if they have to induce you, the contractions are more painful and intense and it all happens much quicker, so obviously it would be better if the babies come of their own accord! Good luck though, I hate this waiting, don't you? I'm not very patient at the best of times!!
  • Hi Kitkat

I'm the most organised person I know and everyone has the same opinion of me so this little one being so stubborn is driving me insane!!! Midwife promised a sweep after i'm 7 days overdue anyway so booked in to visit me at home to perform on Friday. Apparently if it's going to work then it will do within 24 hours!!! I was so convinced that things were going to happen this weekend just gone. Can't bear the thought that I might have another 2 weekends with no baby. Had appointment at the hospital last week and as i've had a completely trouble free pregnancy they won't consider inducing me until day 15 over!!!!

Really hopeing things happen naturally. Fingers crossed for the both of us.

I'm now so impatient to find out whether i'm a mummy to a little girl or boy i'm beginning to wish i'd found out!!!

Sab x
  • Ooh, you're exactly the same as me then. My pregnancy has thankfully been trouble free so I expect my local hospital will be the same about induction. God I hate this, I've been like it my wholelife, every Christmas and birthday, I hate waiting for it to find out what present i'm getting and stuff but at least then you know what day it's going to end! I know i'm haiving a boy, I think if I hadn't have found out, I'd have gone extra loopy! x x
  • Good luck to you both - hope it happens very soon!! Don't forget to post in the june forum!!

And induction isn't so bad xxx
  • Hi KitKat, did you get your sweep today? x
  • My little one didnt slow down till the day I was in labour. I had period pains for bout a week b4 he came, I had two sweeps, went into labour 12 hours after the 2nd one.. Its hard to b patient, I know, I was 12 days over.. make the most of your 'me' time, get plenty of rest and sleep.. keep us all posted and good luck..
    Marie..xx