Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hiccups!

Does anyone elses baby have loads of hiccups? Mine seems to have them about 3 times a day - its dead sweet!

Does it carry on alot after birth?

Sarah x

;\)

Replies

• Options
    no how do u feel if ur baby got hiccups?
    xxx
  • Options
    u can feel it in your tummy like small jumps...

by the way eve, good luck with ur induction today x
  • Options
    Is that what it is?! I just thought that mine was extremely active and jumping around!!

Rhian (24+2)
  • Options
    omg i hate it when mine has hiccups it drives me mad lol!!
  • Options
    im with you michelle this baby is so low now it seems to "echo" round my girly bits and give a very strange sensation now was nicer when baby was smaller
    fea x
  • Options
    hi, my lo had hiccups when she was inside me and still gets hiccups quite reguarlly she's 9 weeks now
  • Options
    mine always starts once im tryin 2 get 2 sleep its quite annoying lol
  • Options
    hi,
    lol my lo used to hiccuping fit about 4 times a day when i was pregnant. yes it does feel like little jumps inside you. hes 12 weeks now and still hiccups an awful lot.
  • Options
    I loved my baby's hiccups at first but now they drive me mad! Especially at 1am, because there's absolutely nothing you can do about it, you just have to wait for them to end. It's a way of telling where the baby is too because now I am 37 weeks its moving down and the hiccups appear in a completely different place to before!
    I find a sure fire way to start them off is to drink something fizzy or eat something really sweet.
  • Options
    thats true!

The hiccups used to come from the top of my bump, and now shes turned it comes from my ladybits which i find quite funny!!!

Fizzy stuff and drinking too fast def sets em off!!!
  • Options
    My lo used to get hiccups about 3 times a day when I was pregnant. Now he gets them after every feed except his night feed
  • Options
    Yes my baby appears to get hiccups at least a couple of times a day. Don't appear to last for long though and I actually don't mind the feeling.
  • Options
    my lo gets them every night doesnt bother me though it will be interesting to see if lo gets them when lo is born only 9 days to go
  • Options
    when i was pregnant with Jessica, she used to get hiccups 4-5 times a day, it is such a weird but funny feeking. she still gets them alot now after shes been fed.
  • Options
    hi, yeah i get them atleat 2 or 3 times a day, normally late in the eve and early morning! didnt realise that they were hick ups untill a month afta when some one explained what it was, i was quite worried at the time. xx