Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Baby Jasmines Birth

Wasnt due until 28th Nov and i was convinced i would go overdue but on Friday 23rd 8.00am my waters broke. I phoned the hospital and they said come in for a check up when i was ready. I still felt OK although was in shock a bit. Had a quick shower and breakfast then OH drove to hospital. Got checked and was already 1cm dilated. Told to go home have some lunch and a bath. Dont know what they were thinking as i started to get serious contractions in the car on the way home. Got home and stood at the windowsill for about 2 hours with my tens machine while contractions became really strong. Phoned hospital and said i wanted to come back in. Got there and i was 5cm dilated. Got taken straight to labour suite and then next few hours are a bit of a blur. I used the gas and air which is completly useless - felt nothing. Took a dose of morphine at about 5.00pm which just made me sleeply but didnt actually take the pain away. Sounds like i am saying it was really painfull but it really wasnt that bad thinking back on it - would def do it again. Pushing stage took about 2.5 hours which is long apparently but again it was OK. They threatened me with forceps so i managed to push her out about 5 mins later!!!! So it all went fine and was quick compared to some people. I totally love her and think being pregnant and giving birth is the best experience in the world. Getting quite tearful now so better go and feed her. Hope my story is a help to anyone who is worried - dont be - it really does all come naturally and any pain you felt is forgotton about as soon as they put your little baby on your chest.

Replies