Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

question for amirah please?!

hiya, sorry for t.m.i but last night my other half and i had sex and when i went toilet after i wiped and there was lots of green stringy snot like stuff?? didn't think it would be semen cos its not usually that colour and there was lots. wondered if maybe it could of been the plug, but thought that was supposed to be pinkish red????? well half an hour after that i started getting what i thought was contractions every 8 mins lasting only 20 seconds. they were just like period pains. none so far today. just wondered bout plug really????

Replies

• Hi Sarah Jane, im obviously not Amirah but i had the same as you yesterday morning! Again sorry for tmi but mine was thick and stringy but more clear, then i had the same this morning but light brown in colour. Ive also been having really bad lower back pain and had some stronger braxtons last night but nothing regular, im 38+4 so ive got 10 days to go, i phoned midwife and she said asked if my waters had broken, or if i was hot and clamy or if i had any leaking or regular contractions and had the beby been moving. I think its your body preparing for labour but hopefully Amirah will know a bit more, hope this helps, Vicky xxx
  • thanx vicky, i am 39 weeks today, i didn't ring the midwife i rang my mum and she said to leave it a while and see if the pains get any stronger. well it stopped after an hour and a half. mum also said body just getting ready now, no leakage today of any kind thankfully so not panicking at the mo. xx
  • ive had this about 2 weeks now, and due in 6 days, things deffo moving along!! xx
  • 2 weeks, dont tell me that lol i dont wanna go over, i'm too agitated. my daughter was 5 days late. i want to see my baby boy...or maybe ur baby will be little bit early?? well good luck any way chuck x
  • bless ya, i had large show today so who knows, feels like babys head is in my butt!!!!
  • bless ya, i had large show today so who knows, feels like babys head is in my butt!!!!
  • well after that gooey stuff wed night, have been losing little bits of sticky stringy stuff ( how lovely, tmi sorry ) so hopefully we will meet our babies very soon, i am due 17th.
  • Sorry for late reply.. Just came on now.... It could mean anything really!!! Im thinking it was probably a show or just parts of the muscus plug coming away.. Or maybe it was even mucusing discharge mixed with semen (tmi)... How green was it... Light green or a dark green?I think you should ring the midwife tomorrow anyway. As, this green stuff could mean anything an infection, to the mucus plugs, to just signs of possible labour, or just nothing.... Im hoping its just your body getting ready for labour, however any bleeding, or really dark green water, really smelly, thick and funny coloured discharge, or strange pains, like pain on urination and stuff ring hosp. Otherwise give midwife a call tomorrow and see what she thinks. Hope this helps. Amirah xo
  • cheers amira, what interesting to read your reply, im pretty sure myne is mucus plug as i have no infection uti or any irritation down there or leaking water, and found that after a long walk i lost alot more so hopefully labour will be v soon!! they say it can be a couple of weeks after b4 anyhing happens and this been happening fo ra couple of weeks for me then alot more than usual today after a walk, and babys head went 2/5th engaged day b4 yesterday, and it my second baby!!! although i know its close now (dd 5 days) still feeling very impatient and have been dying to go for a walk try move things along but it wont stop raining lol and i dont have a coat thats big enough no more lol refuse to do the sex thing while pregnant and being a tikka masala girl cant take hot curries lol rasberry leaf tea makes me gag, and clary sage gives me a head ache so pretty stuffed til it stops raining lol xx sorry to waffle on people!!! xx
  • only just had chance to read amirah's reply... it was light green not dark green, no leaking water at the mo,just bit of discharge, still little bits of clear gooey stuff now. but dont feel myself today, i feel strange, i cant explain it.. hopefully my body is doing something to bring my baby along...have been having constant braxton hicks and cant sleep at night for past 3 days??