Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

russells hall or sandwell hospital

hi ladies
im due the 4th march 2008 im moving back home from wigan and i don,t know where to have the bubs so just wondered if any body has had there bub at either of theses hospitals.

Replies

• I had my baby at Russell's Hall in september this year and I can't fault it. It's a new unit with all the mod cons and the staff are great.
    All the best,
    Denise
  • thank you did you have a room on your own when you was in labour
  • hi
    i am due in Jan 08 and plan to have baby at Russells Hall. The contact i have had with them has been v good so far. We have had a tour of the maternity unit and the rooms looked spotless. You get your own room for labour and afterwards as well i think. Have even chosen it over the QE. Having said that friend having hers at Sandwell and she thinks is ok...just a lot of teenage moms so she felt old (late 20s). Each to their own though
  • My SIL had her lo at Russells Hall in Feb this year, having had last one at Worcester (Ronkswood) 5 yrs ago.

She much prefered Russells Hall, she had a c-section so not sure about delivery rooms but the room she was in after was lovely, each room is private with en-suite, only moan was no patient line so no phone or tv but with newborn to entertain you who needs a tv!

At the moment i'm going to the Royal in Worcester but might manage to be at MErry Hill when i go into established labour!!