Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

BORED!

Hi Ladies
I'm due today, have been off work over 3 weeks now and the house is spotless, i've gorged on chocolate and have even subjected myself to daytime TV!!! Although i don't believe anything brings on labour i have tried everything sane. like sex, raspberry tea, a curry and a hot bath - and baby obviously still isn't done yet!!!! Is anyone else fed up of waiting? Sorry to moan, i know it will all be over soon, but 9 months is a long wait and i really really want my baby now!!!!!!! I sound like a child having a tantrum!! lol!!

Replies

• Ahh ladies i really feel your pain. i was 10 days overdue with Harry who's now 4 months old and it was a nightmare. I think my diet consisted of curry and pineapple, with pineapple for dessert and pineapple juice and raspberry leaf tea to drink. I was having more sex than i think i've ever had in my life and was walking...well.. waddling about a mile a day. Nothing worked. The only thing that really kicked it off was trying to hoik myself over my OH back to try and give him a massage. I felt baby get a little bit angry at this sudden, unexplained movement and within 36 hours of that my contractions started and finished and HArry was here! Give it a go! Be relatively rough, mind! Lol. X
  • I know it's a bit late (bet your in labour) but my friend ate a pineapple and that night gave birth!

Give it ago and let us know if it works! Ha!
  • Nope, not in labour, still waiting a pain that makes me cringe enough to say 'maybe'!!!! I'll give pineapple a go, try anything really now - which is soo ironic as i thought i'd never fall for these old wives tales!! Desperation gets to us all i suppose - and why would a normally sane woman be keen to get extreme pains?!?!? lol!!! It's bizarre how you change!!
  • Hello again everyone, i'm still here waiting, bored stupid. Anyone else feel like a moan about waiting!? Could do with someone making me feel like i'm not alone!! I have had enough of texts and calls and emails asking - 'Any news?'!!!
  • Hiya, I'm a bit impatient, I've got 12 days to go but feel pregnant forever as we miscarried not long before at 9 weeks and conceived fairly quickly again.

My other two were exactly 9 days early, if again this time which I doubt it would be this Weds. I've been taking raspberry leaf capsules since 36wks ready and the tea too. Going to get some fresh pineapple tomorrow. Did a long walk this morning. I know it's still early days but I'm bored bored bored - fed up cleaning the house - given up now as feet huge. Also everyone keeps saying oooh, still here then when I do the school pick up.

Well, it'll be worth the wait - don't fancy 14days over either like a neighbour had so fingers crossed. Sorry, rant over lol. I think we should just make the most of our precious sleep. ha keep weeing all night though LOL

chelle x
    http://bd.lilypie.com/AeQSp1/.png

• Hi ladies - I'm overdue too! 5 days now - was due last Thursday and am starting to go slightly mad too! the clean and tidy house sounds familar as well as getting sick of friends and relatives calls and texts! I haven't tried too many of the old wives tales - but did have a whole pineapple the othre day but that gave me heartburn! lol... My Sis in Law said the only thing that will really do it is sex so despite my painful hips (I have been suffering with painful hips throughout second half of preg) we went for it! Sorry if tmi! It wasn't too comfy and was quite comical at times but the deed was done (how romantic!)... not sure if its a coincidence but I had a show this morning (first time thats happened) - prob means nothing but i guess its a glimmer of hope!

What are you all doing to pass the time?

Amyx
  • It's soooooooooooooo nice to be able to whinge freely with folks in the same boat! ;\)

I'm not due till Saturday but my BP is raised. I have been on five 40 mile round trips to the hospital in the last 9 days to be monitored (I'm pee'd about the price of fuel the amount I'm using!) and I'm going back tomorrow! :roll:

Yesterday I started having contractions, they became quite regular and were quite uncomfortable along with pressure in my lower back I really thought that was going to be it but it all eased off by mid evening (doom)! :roll:

With my first pregnancy I went 4 days over due before going into spontaneous labour but had more BP problems post natally. :cry:

I just want to get on with it now instead of being stuck in limboland. :roll:

Take care everyone and good luck...
  • So nice to know i'm not on my own! Term +6 now and have to wait till Thursday for a sweep, so no hope of help for at least 2 more days!!! AAARRGGHHH!! Bubs has been extra active at night too so sleep is even getting harder to manage! Luckily i have nothing to do all day so a nap is easy to get! Not really managing to keep myself occupied much now, get quite depressed just sitting around, i daren't venture far 'just in case!' and if one more person asks if its twins i swear i'll smack them!!!

I'm so glad that i have the internet, it is my salvation really! It's hard when everyone else is at work and oblivious to how annoying their interest is, along with all the others of thousands of texts etc, i feel like i have manic PMT, but i'm just FED UP!!! Roll on Thursday!!!! I live in hope!
  • i see my mw on thurs too - i'm hoping she may offer to do a sweep there and then... what do you think?!
  • My MW didn't but most do, mine is covering so that might be why she didn't. My friend is also overdue and hoping her MW will do a sweep Friday. Lets hope that it works tomorrow!! My appointment is early so maybe soon i'll be telling you i have my bundle of joy! (large one that it may be by now!!!)