Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Bleeding 5 weeks after giving birth? May be TMI

Hi

I had my little boy nearly 5 weeks ago and bled for about 3 weeks or so then just had minor discharge that only needed a panty liner until 2 days ago. I have now started bleeding again, it's not gushing but is quite heavy and there are small clots when I go to the loo. Is this normal or could it be my period already? I am breastfeeding so thought this stopped periods for a while?

Anyone had this? Should I be worried or call the docs?

Sazzle

Replies

• Hi,

My son was 7 weeks old on Monday and I stopped bleeding just before he was 7 weeks. I think everybody s different but I had the same as you with clots, although my period came straight after the normal bleeding so hopefully I'm getting back into a normal cycle now. Try not to worry, it all sounds completely normal, you're lucky you had a break inbetween lol, i was constant til a few days ago!

Hayley x
  • i'm so glad a i have just read this as i'm the same my little girl will b 5 weeks 2moro i bled for 3 weeks stoped 4 a week and have started again heavy with small clots. i've also been worried and wondered if i should c a doc.