Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Induction tomorrow

Hi I am being induced tomorrow as i have had a lot of health problems and wanted to have the epidural first before they break the waters (I will be 39 weeks).
I am however getting a lot of movements like kicking in my pelvis area and down below...rather then by my ribs, can you tell if your baby is breech or can you get puched as well as kicked? it is all rather painful and i am in agony with the pain...thanks for your help.

Emma

Replies

• Not too sure on this one Emma, the Midwives usually tell you where all the bits are. I am sure they will have a feel and try to turn the baby if they need to, good luck with the induction not long now til you meet your little one. Take care and let us know how it goes, I have 13 days til my due date and am very impatient cheers kellyxx
  • could be elbows?
  • it's more than likely arms or elbows as carlielaine says, i get kicked in the ribs and also have movement down below and baby is bottoms up, head partially engaged Let us know how you get on! Em xx
  • yh, good luck with induction by the way, how rude of me!!! xxx
  • i had the same movements dwn there too,it was babys hands and elbows. my waters broke at 7pm and i had daughter at 2.17am followin morning. only had gas and air, and wow what a painrelief xx
  • i have been having those movements and did wonder if baby was breech but no the little bugger is head down and WAS partially engaged but is now floating free as if it has all the time in the world!!! due next week, good luck with induction xx
  • well done joey xx