Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

stomach ache!

I have had stomach ache all day - not getting any worse or any better. Spoke to my m/w who said that she'd not come across it as a sign of impending labour, but that anything is possible. Am 37+5 and the baby's head is one fifth engaged. Anyone have an opinion? I'd really like to know what people think.

[Modified by: scabbers on 11 May 2007 20:45:49 ]

Replies

• i had stomache ache pretty constant other day, but was like period pains coming and gong, was babys head engaging as felt alot of pressure after, maybe baby was getting in that last bit? its so frustrating isnt it, all these little niggles that you dont understand!!!! i keep wishing every little thing would turn into labur, but no such luck yet lol due in 5 days, but all is looking good!!!! what does she mean not impending labour? i mean your due in like 2 weeks and your body is bout to be getting ready!!!! lol x
  • I thought that too. Still, I guess she means not this weekend!! I'm getting quite bored now. I just want something concrete to happen. Must be worse for you - if I get to five days to go I'm sure I'll be insufferable!!
  • lol, i go in moods with no one, little sulks lol but i suppose he has to come out sooner or later lol i think im worse as my daughter was 10 days early i sort of expected the same!!!! i dont know, like 9 months isnt long enough lol i just cant wait to meet him now! i was so nervous about labour til a few weeks ago, now i just cant wait til things get underway, no doubt ill **** myself when something does, but til then HURRY UP SON!!!!!! xx
  • Likewise. This is my first and I don't really feel that nervous. Although I'm sure I'll be terrible when it starts.
    I think it's great that you know that you're having a boy. My husband was adamant that he doesn't want to know what it is. He goes in big for surprises, which I don't. Everyone in the family wants a girl! My sister in law introduces my stomach to everyone as her niece, which can be really annoying sometimes, but it won't be long now before we find out either way. How old is your daughter??
  • my daughter is 5, great age, i found out by private scan at 16 weeks that i was having a boy, my partner didnt want to know at the time, so i told him that i would go alone, he son changed his mind lol xx
  • Hiya, I am in the same boat. My due date is today and over the past week I've had stomache ache on and off, and have just been feeling really heavy down below, really pressured if you know what I mean. Last night had what felt like bad trapped wind (don't know if that's cos I drank loads of pepsi though) and this morning feel achey again. I hate not knowing what is happening to me (if anything is actually happening lol), and one moment I am really excited thinking 'is this it?' and the next I am petrified and am not sure I'm ready to become a mum. I'm all over the place!
  • hey katet, thats exactly how ive been feeling, and the pressure thing!! wow, i find myself tensing my bum cheeks lol and when i relax feel sooo much pressure, keep thinking hell break my waters!!!
  • I know what you mean - I just want that gush/trickle of waters breaking to happen NOW - at least I'd know something concrete was happening instead of random aches and pains which are driving me insane! I honestly don't care if it happens in public, just want my waters to break and then go on to have a painless and textbook birth!