Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Home Births

hi
i had my first 2 in germany in hospital and it was great but now with my 3rd iam not sure what to do?
i think about home birth but iam scared about it.can someone give me any tips for home birth?

Replies

• I've only planned one so don't have the experience of having one, so I can only suggest that you firstly make sure you are under the care of a proactive GP and midwifery team. Once they are on your side it's plain sailing as long as you have a normal pregnancy. As far as being scared, you can only get over that by trusting your midwife's ability and by making yourself well informed about the birthing process.
    Curly claire, from what I've read about homebirths it seems that you just have to go with the flow and birth wherever you feel good at the time.
  • hi all. saw my midwife at the weekend and she is all up for me to have a homebirth - yippee! from what GP said, it would be a huge problem. goes to show he hasn't got a clue image MW saaid she would have to do a 'homecheck' when she brings around the birhting kit. does anyone know why? i thought it might be in case we live in a s**thole and it's not hygenic enough for HB?
    Really happy though coz i walked to my appt, first time i'd been to the hospital and it only took me 15 mins! so if there is a problem during birth image , it would be super quick in the car/ambulance! phew!
  • Soooooooo?????
  • Congratulations! Homebirths are great aren't they? I'm doing it again, with my 4th this summer - whether the midwives like it or not! I'm getting the drivvle about staffing shortages again *rolleyes*
  • Julie So glad to here you had a positive home birth experience! Congratulations on your little girl. I'm looking forward to starting maternity leave next Friday, then will have to get ready for the birth. Any tips??? claire x
  • CONGRATULATIONS! Email waiting for you.