Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

labour

hi ppl im new to this site im wondering whether there are ne1 that can tell me what the signs are of labour ive had lower back pain and sharp pains by my vagina and my lower stomach wher hes head is going down are they signs?:\?

Replies

• Options
    Hi Tammi its hard to say but everything uv said sounds like labour but it could all be symtoms of baby engaging into ur pelvis getting ready.

My only advice is to go to ur Labour ward as they can check to see if ur dialating. They would rather u go in and have to send u home than not have u come in at all so give them a ring and tell them ur symtoms.

Good luck

Elaine xx
    41 wks
  • Options
    thnx for ur advice really appreciate it;\)
  • Options
    hi tammi

how r u?

elaine xx
  • Options
    hi. i would have said that they head is just engaging. contractions are like cramps when u have a sore tummy or really bad period pains. when i was preg, i got really sharp pains in what felt like my cervix, its just the baby lowering. xxx
  • Options
    Yeah i think its the head engaging, ive been having these for the past week or so, sometimes its so strong it stops me in my tracks. x