Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Getting desperate now, anyone have any advice?

Hi

i know nobody can give me a definate answer and i know baby will come when hes ready but i need to get this off my chest and just wondered if anyone had felt the same?

Im 41 weeks today, have been having strong and on occassions regular BH, i had a sweep last thurs where i immediately lost a brown bit of plug, since then i have lost a lot of egg white like plug and this has intensified further today. Today i have gotten up and felt really tired, bit sick, hot and cold and lethargic, dont feel like doing anything or leaving the house altho id planned to go shopping.

Does anyone think that because of my feelings today and the increase in loss of the plug that labour may be imminent? Did anyone else have this feeling of hot and cold and sicklyness and mega tiredness just before labour?

I know its futile posting this as it will happen when it wants to but just wondered if anyone else is in the same boat?

Thanks
K xx

Replies

• I felt like that the night before my first lo was born i was 41+3 and had a sweep in the morning, then lost my plug in th evening, i felt quite strange and didnt really know what to do with myself, i also felt sick, tired pretty much they way you have described the next morning i woke up at 7.30 even tho i was exhausted i couldnt get back to sleep then at 9.00am i had my first contraction, i dont want to get your hopes up but its sound like it might all be about to kick off.
    good luck with everything!!
    xx
    33+4
  • Thanks Feebie, its nice to hear a positive story. I had a sleep and seem to feel better but im not sure if i want to!

I have a sweep tomorrow so am hoping that might be the final nail in the coffin so to speak and will tip my good old cervix over the edge into laour dom!

thanks again
    Katy xx