Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pregnancy Pains - labour imminent?

Hi everyone!

Not long for us now!!! Congratulations to everyone who has got this far, it's been a long old wait!

I was wondering if anyone has had these symptons:
When I was 35 weeks I woke up at 1am with really bad pains at the bottom of my back and my tummy was hard and I also had period like pains too. Can anyone tell me what the hell is this and why its so early?
The day before these pains occured I went to the midwife to tell her I was getting aching pains / aches at the bottom of my bump and she told me baby's head is engaged - is this not to early though being my first baby?
I am now 36 1/2 weeks pregnant and baby is moving loads more than every before and I keep feeling like a dropping sensation and sometimes if feels like baby is going to fall out!!! Also having lots of discharge (not sure if its wee though!) Is this normal, has anyone had this?
Midwife says everything is fine but strange things keep on happening - I cry everyday for NOTHING! I am always tidying up and I feel I have this urgent need to pack eveything ready to go to hospital - AM I GOING INSANE!!

Please someone help me out there........please someone reply as I think I am going mad!:\?

Replies

• Hi SonyaN, I have had the same symptoms as you, but from about 38 weeks. I am now 41 weeks and waiting for the baby to arrive! It could be some braxton hicks that you are experiencing? I have had lots more discharge too, which is very watery (sorry if too much information!!) My baby is constantly pushing his/her head down into my pelvis which makes it harder to walk and I feel lots of pressure in my bottom too. I can also sympathise with u on the nesting instinct, I am constantly tidying/cleaning our apartment, even when it is spotless! So try not to worry (easier said than done) you sound completely normal to me!!!

Emma 41 weeks x (and getting more impatient by the day!)