Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Could this be labour?

Might just be me, been very impatient and wishful thinking. For the past 3 days i have been getting pains on and off, nothing major only for about an hour then they go.

Past 2 days i have been loosing a clear coloured gunk when i wipe, no blood in it and not loads. I woke up this morning with period type pains that eased off about 2 hours after i woke.
Anyway ive walked a fair bit today and cleaned the whole house.

Within the last hour i have been getting tightenings along with period type pains in the very low of my back. There seems to be alot of activity down below too, like she is bouncing down. This is my secoond baby and 7 years back when i was last in labour i had a BIG show, with blood, waters started to trickle then contractions in my back, so this seems different so not sure what i am expecting.

Any advice, stories would be great. I do feel different today than i have for the past 3 days.

Thanks

Katherine 39 weeks today. xx

Replies

• I would ring ur midwife and ask hun x
  • ring the midwife or the labour ward and they will tell you what to do, they will probably tell you to go to the hospital for a check, x
  • yeah i agree ring MW , but i too have been experecing the tightening pains but no way im in labour or even early labour so the whole thing could just be BH , good luck.