Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

39 weeks with upset tummy and pains

Yesterday morning I woke up at about 4am with some period type pains that lasted about an hour. I had the odd twinge on and off throughout the day. Then last night, after having dinner, I got some very strong BH that were accompanied by very slight back ache. About 2 hours later, I was having very strong pains that made me feel quite hot and clammy and they seemed to be coming every 15 minutes. Tried not to get too excited and after going to the loo a few times, decided I had probably eaten something funny because I had an awfully upset tummy. Went to bed last night at about 11pm and woke up constantly throughout the night with really bad period pains and also back ache. Got up this morning, tummy was a little upset again, had a few strong BH throughout the morning and some slight cramps, and now nothing. Feel absolutely fine! If not a little tired!
Do you think this is my body getting ready, like I am really hoping!! Or could it have been as simple little 24 hour bug that has now passed through?

39 weeks today xx

Replies

• Sorry gatecrashing from ttc but this sounds similar to my labour with my son, however mine was much quicker but I too thought I had a tummy bug with tummy pains and symptoms as you have described and 5 hrs later I gave birth so you never know, this could be it.
    Good luck with the birth x
  • sounds just like me! but i was also throwing up loads! which in turn caused my labour to stop when i was only 2 to 3 cm dilated! i didnt get my baby until almost a week later when my waters went but they were inducing me anyway the day after! my back was really painful i couldnt have gone much longer i was in agony and getting nowhere! hopefully it wont be like that for you! good luck

chloe and lacey 6 wks today!!!!!!!
  • sounds like your getting ready for labour hun, i was like that when i had my little girl 5 years ago, good luck hope everything goes well.x
  • I have heard that on the lead to labour your body cleans it self out hence the quip trips to toilet! LOL this is my first so no personal experiance but hope its labour for you x
  • Am 39weeks and 2days pregnant today,but since yesterday have being having strong pain in my lower abdomen that comes and go accompany with mild backache and will always run to the toilet to poo.cld dat be labour or body preparing.someone else feeling d same
  • Hi am 39 weeks and 6 days am having stomach pain, and I use to toilet since yesterday anything I eat dose not stay please I want to know if is a sign of labour?because my first child was not like dat

• Hi bela, I know this is a couple of months ago but was wondering if you could tell me was that labour for you? I have been feeling unwell with a tummy upset for a couple of days and some niggles but that's all so far. 

Thanks 39+5 days