Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

CONFUSED, ABOUT WHAT TO TAKE INTO HOSPITAL WITH ME?!

Hi all, wonder if any1 can help me? im going into hospital within the nxt week or so to be induced and was just wandering if i have to take baby milk with me as im not breast feeding? plus is there anything else any1 thinks i should take, jus so i dont 4get? pleaseee help me!! fanx xx image

Replies

• they gave my baby formula and have many different brands. i was breat feeding though so it was only a one off (twice) so can't help you on that.
    take plenty of maternity pads, i only took 1 pack of 10 and had to send my partner out for more. used about a pack and a half 1st day and then a pack a day for 4 days, after that the bleeding does get less. that was the only thing that upset me as no one told me how much you bleed afterwards and quite a few of my friends have babies. people presume you don't want to know, but really there's nothing worse than finding you've gone through all that you brought in within a few hours and the shops are shut. hope i didn't scare you it's just like a really heavy period no pain but it just flows for a few weeks.
    hope everything goes well. x
  • WHAT TO TAKE IN TO HOSPITAL

You need to pack for you and the baby. For you image you going away for weekend.

You
    Wash bag - tooth paste, tooth brush, shower gel, towel, hair brush etc...
    Disposble pants at least one packet or big knickers quite afew pairs
    maternity pads 2 x packets
    clothes nighty PJs, slippers, good support bra NOT underwired. Clothes to go home in

For labour. old t-shirt or night shirt to wear. socks if you get cold feet.
    lip balm (gas & air makes lips very dry.)
    Food for him. Bottle water. Magazines and pen if induced can take a while to get into labour. Change for phone as some hospitals dont let you use mobiles.
    Optional cushion, pillows, birth ball

For baby

Take minimum 1 packet of nappies
    cotton wool to change ( baby wipes not recommend for new borns)
    Sleep suit X 6 Baby Vest X 6 small bibs ir you bottle feeding
    Small Hat & cardigan in case baby is cold
    Out fit to got home in
    Milk is normally supplied on hospital wards
    If you in for more than 2 day eg if you have a C section you may need to send home for extras

Most important CAMERA

Hope that has helpped good luck.

• HI
    Hope the list helpped. Some hosital let you use CD/ipods. Just check first before you plug in.