Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Sweep - bleeding & sex??

Hi all,

I had a sweep yesterday afternoon & the MW told me that I was 2cm dilated and that baby's arrival shouldn't be too far away now.

24hrs later and I've had no further signs that anything is happening.

I'm still losing some blood & I'm just wondering is this normal 24hrs later? Also, if I want to resort to trying the curry & sex thing tonight, is it OK for me to have sex when I'm 2cm dilated?

Any advice appreciated - thanks girls xx

http://bd.lilypie.com/KmfHp1/.png

Replies

• hi. i wouldn't chance it as it sounds like your protective plug has come away as a result of your sweep and it def sounds like your plug as you are still losing after 24 hours. and having sex isn't really recommended and may up the chance of infection if your plug has come away.. def try the curry thing though and plenty of gravity and walking. good luck.xxxx
  • My midwife told me that she begged her hubby for sex at 5cm dilated & advised me to have as much sex as poss even during labour as the hormone in his sperm helps move things on a bit, (apparently the cream they use to induce women is a man made version of this hormone!)so after her advice to me i think you will be fine to have sex at 2cm dilated!
    I had a sweep on the tue afternoon & started in labour 11pm on the thur. I too had a show that lasted those 2 days in between - something i wasn't expecting, i thought your show just happened once!

Good luck!