Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

contractions or random pain??

Hi

i know this sounds stupid but im not sure what contractions feel like, im 39 weeks due on friday and i keep having sharp stabbing pains in my upper abdomen (bump) and not sure if this is anything to worry about or if i should just try and get on with it? They are really painful and stop me from doing what i normally do they started quite a while ago and come and go.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Siobhan
xx

Replies

• ive been having the same hun. i cant remember contractions with dd1 as i was induced and went quite quickly. im sure contractions are in your lower and lower back. not 100% sure though. so not much help really :S sorry

k x 38+2
  • hi. contractions normally start in your lower back and upper legs. and will come in rhythm like waves of pain gradually building up for longer periods of time. but all,ladies say they feel them in different places, but all mine have always been lowe back and bottom of my belly for a start. good luck hope all goes well for you. x
  • mine started in lower back hun then gradually went round to lower bump but if you concerned id ring your midwife or labour ward. xxx