Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

slow labour????

hi,

ive been having contractions since 6:30 last night but are quite irregular phoned maternity ward and they have said im in slow labour and to try keep active and have lots of baths has anyone got any other ideas that might help speed things up a bit

thanks in advance

emma xx

Replies

• Hi Em

not been on here for ages but thought i'd just log on as i'm in exactly the same position as you and was looking to see if any1 else was having the same. i had a bloody show yesterday morning and contractions started about 5 last night. woke up this morning and had more of a show but practically no contractions all day until about 2.30 this afternoon and they have been coming every 20 mins since then. midwife says stay active and hot baths, lots to drink too and snack if you feel like it. i've also been told that going up and down stairs sometimes helps so i'm going to try that too.

good luck!
  • thanks for the reply will try the stairs and good luck to you too xx
  • Hi there

I hope things get going for you soon! I didn't have nearly as long as Zoey but I did have contractions for two nights and then my lo was born the morning after the 3rd night. It's very frustrating and exhausting. I would definitely say to stay mobile as much as poss in the day time, but also try to get some rest whenever the contractions allow you so that you have as much energy as possible for the actual birth.
    Good luck- it will all be worth it when you meet your lo!