Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How Embarrassing!! Wee not Waters

Well, I went for a lovely stroll with my oh, daughter and sister in law yesterday when suddenly from nowhere I was soaking! I was caught completely unawares and could only assume that my waters had broken! Anyway, got home and as I was slightly doubtful thought it best to keep it quiet and see how things go. I didnt realise that my oh was excitedly calling nearly everyone we know to tell them that things have started!!!!

Went to hospital today to get ckecked only for it to be confirmed that there is no sign that my waters have gone! I've now made my oh keep up the charade and lie to everyone as I cannot stand the humiliation (or teasing for years to come) of everone knowing I pee'd myself.

On a good note they did perform a sweep while I was there but am really nervous that I still dont go into labour for a while as some of our family will know that if my waters are gone theres a max 96 hours b4 they induce you. Keep yous fingers crossed for me, am 40+3 and 1cm dilated, just need lo to come by wed night.

AAARRRGGGGHHH

Replies

• hehe,how embarassing,similar thing happened to me last week actually!i went to the loo n then as i stood up something ran dwn my knickers n soaked my knickers,was addament it had come from the baby hole!rang mw n she said keep an eye on it as if it was waters id get more.Had no more since so im assuming id peed myself too!!!lol hanna xx
  • when i 'thought' my waters had gone went to hospital and said no maybe a watery show (what the hells that anyway!) i've heard some people talk about hind waters, so maybe it was that... and not pee! LOL!

hope l/o arrives soon xx.
  • I had the opposite thing happen to me on my second. I had been for an appointment at 37weeks and was not allowed home but sent to ward for a section. Sent OH home to get bag which took him forever!!!! When he came back hed brought loads of visitors. i went to the toliet to change into my gown for theatre but as it was velcrow up the back i could fasten it so had OH come in with me. I had a pee and then stood up to sort gown. i felt warm water trickle down my legs then get heavier. I really thought i peed myself but as it kept coming i said to OH my waters have gone. He didnt believe me until i pulled up my gown and he could see the gushing. Wasnt what i expected though. I thought when the wentit was a sudden gust that then stopped. It was another few hours until I went to theatre and the whole time i kept tricling. Didnt feel very pleasent and was very uncomfortable as was constantly wet. First was a section too as is this lo going to be on 19th May so really didnt know what to expect.
  • Just tell people it was ur "hind" waters (which it could have been anyway). Wen i was in labour with my son I kept feeling something trickling with every contraction i kept on saying to my mum i need the toilet, but the mw reassured me that i was not weeing that my waters were leaking. I was not convinced tho and spent 30mins of my labour sat on the toilet, until the mw offered to break the rest of my waters. Although they had bin leaking for ages there was still loads wen she broke them but i felt alot better after that (other than intense contractions, ha ha ha). Kerry xxx
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev183pr___.png

• Have started using the "hind waters" excuse now and almost convinced myself that the initial leak was actually this. Still no sign of LO though, I didnt expect to get so impatient, every day feels like really hard work waiting. Am getting very hormonal too, up and down like a seesaw! Have hospital tommorow for 2nd sweep so hopefully this will work this time. I have been getting period type pains now, just not with any regularity so hope this is my cervix softening up.
  • I thought I had wet myself but it was my waters, went to hospital to check and mw told me to get undressed and hop up on the bed and she would come back and check, before I could get on the bed I leaked all over the floor and when mw came back in she took one look at the mess and said yep your waters are breaking.
    Mine then continued to leak out for ages and when I had a contraction it would woosh out another load, really nice.
    My mum and oh laughed because walking into the hospital with contractions in full flow I was concerned that I had a big wet patch down the front of my trousers lol!

Good luck hope it all goes smoothly and soon!