Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Being induced tomorrow!

Morning Lovely Ladies

After the longest pregnancy known to man (well, 42 weeks but it feels longer) the end is in sight!

I am going into hospital at 4pm tomorrow. Its strange, I've been waiting so long that it doesn't feel real. You may as well tell me its Xmas Day tomorrow & I'd believe you. I will have a baby by Saturday evening...I will have a baby by Saturday evening...I will have a baby by Saturday evening. Tonight is the last night my Hubby & I will eat dinner as a twosome. I keep having "last" realisations.

Midwife said my cervix is very soft & short, she is surprised that I've actually lasted this long. Hopefully that means that induction shouldn't be too long & traumatic cos he's ready to come out anyway.

I don't know what to do today and tomorrow, I don't drive so I'm a bit housebound. I've got the fidgets, goodness knows what I'll be like tomorrow morning - probably climbing the walls!

Please keep your fingers crossed for me x

Replies

• Good luck!!!! How exciting! Let us know how you get on, at least the waiting will be over. I'm sure you will be just fine!

Liz xxx
  • Good luck, will look out to see how you got on. xxx
  • Hey!!!!!!!!

Finally your turn is coming Pixie!!!!!!!! Im so happy for u. Its so nice when u have a date isn't it? to know your baby will be with u very soon... it is very exciting!!!
    Best of Luck for tommorrow and just make sure u get plenty of rest (if u can) in the meantime - thats what i plan to do sunday and monday anyway (my turn to go in on mon eve, he he)

Enjoy the experience
    Hannah

p.s - Thanks for the reply in the preg forum- i feel a bit better now xx
  • Oh pixie! I'm well chuffed for you! Your turn at last - boy did I know how that felt!!! You'll be absolutely fine hun, just remember what I said about my labour, have a great crap when you're pushing the little one out, it is sooo relieving! And you'll be so grateful as I spent the whole night last night constipated like hell after not being able to crap for a few days! So def make the most of it!!
    Yeh I know, way to much info as usual!! :roll:
    Can't wait to hear your story!!!
    Eva xxx
  • Good luck Pixie. I hope you are as quick as mine was. Went in on Saturday. Was given the gel at 11 and had baby at 7.20 on Sunday morning and i was actually home at about 5 in the evening. Try and rest as much as possible before you go to hospital. Michelle xxx
  • good luck pixie let us know what u got ok? i get induced aswell if baby not decided to come few weeks early lol.
    eve xxx