Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Head engaged / Normal feelings?...

thanks ladies.. ..
cant wait until it all happens and its over with now.

I shall tell the hospital straight away that id like the epidural...
I know they only have one person who performs this injection.. so thats worrying!.. (in the delivery ward of course)

fingers crossed he comes soon...
Head feels very low indeed now... but some women dont get a show do they!?...
oh well.. shall just have to be more patient again..

thanks x
em xx

Replies

• Morning all...
    Yes, I have yet another question for all you mums already (hope you dont mind)

My baby's head has been engaged since last week and every morning im finding it harder and harder to swing my legs out of bed without feeling the head there and in the way!....
    Im worried im going to be one of these people who doesnt realise that labour is happening until its too late; and wont be able to have the epidural????...
    This worries me alot!....

Is it normal to feel the baby like this when they are so low... Feels as though I can feel the head right there... and he's going to come any minute?....

Also does this mean he is coming soon?...

Thanks again ladies. x
    :roll:

[Modified by: pregnant lady on 22 June 2007 06:15:55 ]
  • Hi. You will kow when you are in labour! You do feel uncomfortable and if the head is there. Have you had a show yet? When I was pregnant with both of mine, I had a show and went into labour straight away; (contractions every 15 mins). Don't know if what you are feeling means that he'll make an appearance soon. My advice is that when you have a show, make sure your husband is there with you so you can go to the hospital once its time. When your there make sure you tell the midwife that you want an epidural and that you make your intentions clear.
    Sara. xxx
  • Thanks sara..
    will keep a look out then.. as ive not got long to go (i hope)..
    i guess he's just moving down lower and lower ready for birth...
    It is very uncomfortable though to walk now.. x
    thanks again x
  • hi there
    you will def know when you are in labour and if you dont know then thats because you have no pain so wouldnt need and epidural!!! Like sara said as soon as you get to the hospital make sure they know that you def want an epidural, without a doubt. I think you have to wait til you are 3 0r 4 cm before having it and it can slow your labour, but you will be able to sleep so it wont matter. I had my show and had my son a few days later.
    good luck x
  • the head for me was engaged at 36 weeks, but he made no appearance - i was induced in the end. you will suspect when you're in labour when you keep getting repeated regular pains (a bit like a bad period pain) or your waters my break. they will be pains that you won't have felt before, so you'll know. They are not sharp necessarily but sort of vice like. if you know what i mean. x
  • Hi pregnant lady, how long have you got to go now? You've gotta be close now!
  • hi katet!.. ive got 8 days until due date!...
    hopefully he'll come a little earlier...

hope your doing okay xx
  • hi katet!.. ive got 8 days until due date!...
    hopefully he'll come a little earlier...

hope your doing okay xx

I'm going on holiday tomorrow so won't be loggin on again til 4th July - perhaps it'll all have happened by then & you'll be home with your precious little boy. Best of Luck xxx
  • oh cathyg!!.

Im really going to miss you on here!..
    Listen, thanks so much for everything!....

Have a wonderful, wonderful time on your holiday!.. and ill hopefully catch up with you online when you return.

(and yes!.. hopefully ill have my beautiful little boy!!)...
    you've really have made me feel better the last few days and i really appreciate it.

Take care and have a great time!
    xxxx