Forum home› Pregnancy› Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Dry Nights

Hi - can anyone recommend some super absorbent nappies. My 5 month old daughter has been waking in the night over the last few days due to a soaked nappy that has lead to me changing the sheets at 4am. She no longer waking in the night for a feed. We are using pampers active fit at the moment.

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    i personally found pampers to be the best so there isn't much you can do with that but maybe if you change the nappy just before you go to sleep it might last til morning it depends what time you usually put baby to bedotherwise talk to the health visitor and see if she can suggest anything. sorry not very helpful...anita xx
  • Options
    my daughter was the same i found that huggies were the best as i fond pampers leaked a lot and felt very damp on the outside
  • Options
    the problem i had with huggies was if they get overfilled they don't leak, they explode and the crystals go everywhere and it's much harder clearing those up at aghhhhh o'clock in the morning.lol. i suppose the best thing would be to try lots of types and see what works best.
  • Options
    hi there i had that prob my little one was on size 4 i moved her up a zize to 5 and it stopped mabey try that
  • Options
    You could try putting a Pampers changing mat underneath her, at least if sge does leak then you wouldn't have to change the sheets.xx
  • Options
    Hi there, instead of using the active fit pampers, why don't you try the normal baby dry they still have the stretchy sides but I think are more absorbant. I have never found any better nappy to be honest. Both my children have been in nothing else and my son who is two has his on from about 6.30 at night right through till about 8.30-9 the next morning. Also as Lyn said why not try going up a size. Karyn x
  • Options
    hi lisa I agree with karyn.. try the pampers baby dry ones.. active fit jus don't seem to be able to hold a large amount of wee for a long period of time, but I find the baby dry do... I have used active dry in the past (only due to dh getting the wrong ones! lol) and have found them crap. xx
  • Options
    Hi - thanks for the advice. Have switched to baby dry, and changed her nappy when I go to bed about 10.30 and she has'nt woken up due to wetness since. She is not at all keen on being woken for a nappy change as she's been in bed since seven but its so much better than 4am. Thanks again for your comments
  • Options
    hi there i put my little one 2 bed at 7 also and i do not need to change her nappy. if she does not like being changed at 10 30 why not leave her right thru for one night and see how she goes
  • Options
    Thanks Lynn. I'll try that tonight and let you know how I get on. How old is your little one? my daughter is five and half months and I still give her a feed at 10.30 albeit only 4oz.
  • Options
    Hi i have the same problem with pampers i found them awful during the night, but fine in the day and i dare nt wake baby up to change incase she wont go bk down... apparently asda have brought out dry nights my friend says they very good, i also find that boots own are cheaper comfy and more absorbent ... Hope this helps
  • Options
    Hi there,
    Try tesco own brilliant. and at half the price.