Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

c section?

hi girls, after a very traumatic birth with my first baby, whos now 3, i was 18 when i gave birth [if youre younger its easier-what a load of BS!!!] and i wont go into too much detail but the ventouse snapped and then it was forceps and 27 stitches and all of this with no pain relief at all, not even gas and air, they wouldnt let me for some reason, and my mum later told me that the doctor said to her that if they didnt get the baby out on the next push i would have to have an emergency c-section which would have resulted in aa general anasthetic. i was traumtised and im certain this was the main cause of my PND. this time, my step mum has suggested that i go for an elective c-section - my step mum gave birth naturally to her first and then c-section with her second as she had a low lying placenta - and she said she would never normally recomment a c section but she thinks it may be a good idea for me to have one. so does anyone have any advice for me? oh, and i totally agree with my grandma- the first time you give birth youre terrifief cos you dont know what will happen, and the second youre terrified cos you know what will happen!!! i would love to give birth naturally but i am terrified to the point where i considered not continuing with the pregnancy because of this fear. please help !

Replies

• Hi hon

I would talk it through with your midwife and talk about what happened and your fears.

My eldest child is 13months and i was feared to death of having a section again ( i had my first by emergency section)

because he was too young to explain why i wouldn't be able to pick him up or even having him sat on my knee for the first few weeks till the pain had gone and then there was the hospital stay of 4 days. (Luckily my little one was delivered "normally" by suction and i went home 14 hours later)

I would look at all the options and decide whats best for you and you other little one

Good luck