Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

packing labour bag help please ladies

I'm jumping in here to ask all you lovely new mom's for some help. :\?we've been discussing about hospital bags for labour and i was wondering what you packed and what you found helpful the most... i'm thinking about starting to buy stuff so i'm more prepared... :lol:

Thanks
Debz
22+3

Replies

• Options
    hi, on this page where it counts down how many days till your babys birth there is a bit where it says "my birth checklist" this should cover everything. there is also a post about this in pregnancy forum, so maybe u could look at that one? xx
  • Options
    hey hannah yeah and there's on in the June 08 forum too but no1 is saying what is needed from a new mom's point of view i was after some info to post in the June 08 forum to help others not just me...
    I'm a first time and know what i need as a basic list but as helpful hints from others who have recently gone through labour i was asking for what they found MOST helpful and also what else they took that we might not think of off the top of our heads. image hope that clears it up a bit more
  • Options
    Hi there, I found that disposable knickers (not attractive but you won't care) were an essential, and also hand cream as using the alcohol gel all the time left my hands sore and rough. I know that most mags recommend packing one bag for mum, then another for baby which dad should bring after you've delivered. I had my little boy at 9pm, and my husband left us about midnight when we were taken back to the ward. I didn't realise but the hospital didn't stock any nappies, so I was totally mortified during the night when Jack needed changed and the midwife had to wake other mums to beg a nappy! I had repaid the favour many times over by the time I left hospital a few days later, but needless to say this time around(3 wks to go!) I've stuck some baby essentials into my case rather than keepin them separate. Good luck with it all!
  • Options
    everythimg everyone else has suggested plus:
    spray hand cleaner
    mints
    tissues
    camera - obvious
    wipes - face cleaning and milton sterilising to clean bedside table etc
    don't bother with pjs - get some big old nighties as you will be bleeding and sleeping on a disposable mat to soak any leakages! so you won't feel like being in pjs, promise
    sweets - you may not enjoy the hosp food

i was in for 4 days, emergency c section, baby intensive care etc so glad i packed more than needed.