Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Share ur tips on bringing on labour...x

2»

Replies

• Has any1 tried the reflexology? did it work - this sounds like the least amount of hard work lol!!
  • Oops - didn't mean for it to be posted twice - doh!

[Modified by: tracy1 on June 05, 2007 08:58 PM]
  • firstbaba, re the castor oil question, funnily enough I was just talking to my friend on the phone about 15 minutes ago and she told me that with her daughter she was desperate to get her out and that at 37wks pregnant she took castor oil and then went for a 3 mile walk, she had her daughter that same night!

She did say she had bad diarrhoea from the castor oil but no stomach cramps however, I'd pre warn you that I've read in loads of different places not to take castor oil. My friend said she'd do it all over again but not sure whether I'm that desperate to try it out even once!!
  • Not sure I fancy the diarrhoea so I'll wait a few more days I think..trying walking tonight..
    Off for extra reflexology, see if that helps, if nothing else, it'll relax me.. Dont think it'll bring him on tho as its my 7th go..!!!
    Tomorrow yoga and a good old shopping trip..!!
    Marie..xx
  • good luck Marie, maybe it'll help if you tweak your nipples whilst you're on that long walk later, u might look a bit weird to passers by but who cares! you may even get some offers to help :lol:
  • hi. i read on an american web site that when walking out doors you should try walking with one foot on the kerb and the other in the road. it's some thing to do with the rocking motion. i tried it the other day for a bit.... it didn't work, it's tiring and you look like a right idiot. but you know the saying....... desperate times..... due tomorrow and still no sign.

[Modified by: D14N4 on June 06, 2007 03:37 PM]
  • hi, why no castor oil?? should i know this?? due on sat and desperate for baby out!!
  • im 3 days over now and desperate for this little one out tried allsorts but nothings working she must be too comfy !!
  • i've heard that taking castor oil gives you the runs during labour....... i think that's the reason.......
  • Reflexology - there is a point just below your ankle bone and towards you heel which should feel slightly puffy/squidgy, this is your uterus (well, the corresponding point anyway). You'll know if you're stimulating the right part cos you should feel mild braxton hicks. Regular stimulation should help to bring on labour.
    Good Luck x
  • i think that the castor oil thing is that it can cause the baby to pass its first poo in the womb which can cause infection something like that i think xx
  • Its not that lisa, its more the fact the castor oil gives the woman bad diahorrea.
  • Midwives dont like u taking castor oil as it gives u diarrhoea and everything just floods out, very messy apparently, and they'll know u've taken it so b careful, mind u, I'm 2 days over now n wondering if this pregnancy thing will ever end, its cruel world thats makes u wait 9 months then baba still b late..!! Sick of friends n family ringing n texting asking if there is any news!! I know its cause they care but its fustrating, have told them I'll let them know soon as something happens..!!
    Marie..xx
  • Hi all about the castor oil thing its all a load of nonsense too me when i was expecting my son i took it the week before i was due and took it three days and it did nothing too me i didnt get any diahorrea or anything. My son came 3 days late in the end after a very hard 60 hour labour! I'm 7 weeks with my second now and am really hopeing that its not so long the second time around! Anyone with 2 had shorter second labours?
  • My mw advised me to clean the floor and the opposite side of the bath as it rocks the baby, i didnt this and went into labour before i'd finished and had her within the hour x x
  • I read somewhere that the reason they tell you to have sex is because the swimmers (or the fluid they are in) contain a natural version of the hormone they use in pessaries to induce you. I also read it is better administered orally!! I think I would have to go a month over before I resort to trying that lol.

I am sure they are all old wives tales and unproven but at least they will make me feel like I am doing something instead of sitting at home willing baby out.

I am only 25 weeks now but already a bit fed up and want baby out (obviously don't want a prem baby just want it to hurry up and be over) I will be trying all of these from about 38 weeks!!!
  • i went into labour with my second child (10 days early) 5 hours after my brother drove me over speed bumps (not to bring on labour the speed bumps were on the street were i lived!!) i like to think that it was the reason but i do doubt it. baby comes on baby's terms andd nothing we do is going to bring on labour. best thing that i have found now 37 weeks with 3rd child is just to keep busy. it helps take my mind off it. i have decorated my house in the past 2 weeks and had a massive clear out. i have also made a rule at work not to talk about my pregnancy so i dont over think it and will it to end. i have found as much as we want to meet our little bundles we do miss being pregnant afterwards. just try to enjoy it if you go over its no harm done.