Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Birth of Baby Jewsora

hi all,

Just a brief record of the arrival of my baby girl - Ellen Grace.

She decided to put in an early appearance (12 days early). My waters broke at 10.30 pm on Tuesday 16th and we went to Hexham Hospital to get a heart trace done of the baby. Her heart rate was a bit slow so we had to go to the RVI at Newcastle for a double check. Everything was fine, so we finally got home at 3.15 am on Wednesday 17th.

I was starting to get little niggling twinges so I asked my husband to put the TENS machine on before he went to bed. I took 2 paracetamol and filled a hot water bottle and sat in the lounge. Within 10 minutes the contractions were taking some controlling and I couldn't work out how close together they were. By 4am I couldn't stand and was wailing like an injured animal! I involuntarily shouted for my husband and he came and went to get the car. By 4.10am I was hanging onto the kitchen units trying not to push as I knew the baby was coming.

We made a mad dash for Hexham again with my husband doing 100 all the way there and me with the air con on and the window down, wailing still! I was sure the baby was going to arrive in the car!

We got to the hospital at about 4.35am and I was fully dilated and the baby head was beginning to crown! I thought it had hurt at home - I thought I was only in early labour!!!! LOL! So baby Ellen Grace was born about 27 mins later at 5.12 am after a few puffs of gas and air! She weighed 5lb 5oz.

So ladies, don't always believe what you're told in ante natal classes - sometimes first babies do come quickly!

Replies