Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

My last weekend....

Hi everyone, this is my last weekend without our new baby girl! Been running round for the last few days like an idiot. Done all my washing, ironing, shopping, changed all the bedding - in fact you name it I've done it.....Feeling really heavy and can't wait to be induced on Monday, if I last that long....Braxton Hicks have changed and become very strong and are now in a different place!
Our 2 boys have been a tremendous help to me, although they are aged 13 and 8. My 13 year old has done most of the ironing for me today and my 8 year old has been running up & down stairs putting things away or filling up the dish washer. My daughter & hubby have been a right pain in the arse!!
Went shopping this afternoon and all they did was muck about in the supermarket taking the piss out of eachother by laughing & chasing one another, leaving me to stuggle with the trolley. Then to top it off, went to M&S and felt so embarrased by them messing about there too....tried talking to hubby and has just gone off in a strop!!! I give up.....Feel really upset now - what should I do????
:cry:

Replies

• Glad your boys are helping you. Never mind your daughter and hubby. Maybe you're just tired/stressed/anxious about MOnday. You've probably been going daft trying to get everything ready and perfect and just exhasted yourself to the point whre you dont have the energy to laugh. I know I've nearly borke my back over the past couple of days and I'm not going in until Fri!! Dont know why I bothered as needless to say kids/hubby will have house a tip again by then!!

Just you spend Sat/Sun with your feet up and relax and make sure they get waiting on you hand and foot. Cant wait to hear your birth story.
    Wishing you well
    Tricia
    xxx
  • Hopefully my last weekend too... LO due on Tuesday and I really don't want to join the overdue club as I've had enough now!

Glad you're getting help/support from some of your family

Jo
  • Mrs JoJo how reassuring to see that someone else is up and online at this ungodly hour!!!

Hope things happen for you soon
    xx
  • Hi, Thanks patdow & Mrs jojo. Mananged to sort things out with hubby the other night....I think nerves have set in.....not about labour though, it more that feeling of once I'e counted 10 fingers & 10 toes I'll be fine....if you know what I mean...
    sarah xx
  • I'm sure all will be fine - hope you get a good nights sleep and we'll hear all about it soon...
    xxxx