Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

labour symptoms.. ?????

good morning...
im nearly 37 weeks, and was woke up at 4.30 this morning with really bad back ache spreading accross my tummy... it was soo uncomfortable:\( i had to lean on end of bed n breath it through. it did eventually ease, but as its a few weeks still to go i just wondered if this was the start?? has anyone else experienced this?? i was excited but anxious too.. lol i am prepared mind you... hospital bag all ready!! lol xx

[Modified by: mummy31 on 17 March 2007 10:06:24 ]

Replies

• I've had the same thing this morning! I'm 37+3 and the only way I can describe it is really really uncomfortable - just weird! It affected my bowels as well and have been a bit loose for 2 days now (sorry if tmi!) Seems to have settled a bit now, i think your body can play cruel tricks sometimes, it'll probably go image
  • thank you for your reply, do you feel sick too?? xx i feel right out of sorts wiht myself.. lol
  • Hi ladies. Sounds like you're bodies are getting ready. loopylass, some women get diarrhoea at start of labour. Rest up and make sure you're ready. Keep us updated xxx
  • Yeah I did feel a bit queasy but I put it down to pizza and chips last night lol! I nearly give myself a hernia trying to get into some maternity tights this morning but it was worth it cos i feel a bit better now cos i think they are supporting my bump a bit. We're off into town now, fancy a walk. Will keep you posted xxx
  • Post withdrawn by MFM HQ at poster’s request

• Morning!!! just wondered how everyone's feeling after the weekend? any more twinges? x
  • good morning sam..
    unfortunately no!! lol
    one's getting a little fed up with all these tricks one's body is playing on me...:lol:
    hows you hun you ok??
    helen
    xx
  • Post withdrawn by MFM HQ at poster’s request

• hi lytchick..
    glad you have had a lovely mothers day.. its lovely to be pampered!!
    i too was spoilt and well looked after..:\)
    i've had terrible sickness most of the way through this pregnancy.. then it settled down, now its back!! its soo not nice, i too was thinking it mught be a sign. but then.... nothing.... lol do you think we is in for a big shock, very soon?? lol

helen
    xx
  • hi helen and lytchick, i'm fine this morning. must have caught up on my sleep cos i was like a bear with a sore head all w/end!!! nice mothers day tho, breakfast in bed and lunch out... spoiled!! I had the steak i've been craving for the last 6 months so perhaps thats why i'm happier today!!! he he he!!! hope you have a nice week and feel better soon xxx