Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

am i in slow labour?

i had my show yesterday now i'm having back ache and tightening pains which hurt plus i keep getting shooting pains down below and it feels like i'm gona pee myself but when i go the toilet nothings coming out so i've had a wasted journey. am i in slow labour?

Replies

• The fact youve had a show means something will happen but doesnt always mean straight away, could unfortunately still be a while so could be slow labour. Best thing to do is to just relax and go with the flow! x
  • Hi,
    This is what happening 2 me,
    Pains below my belly button, Really bad back ache, I have also had shooting pains down below,
    My due date was yesterday, But i not had a show yet, do u always see the show
    Am i in slow labour?
    What is the signs, are mine signs thats something is happening.
    Is the baby suppose 2 slow down in moving?
  • hi thanks for replying, i'm so uncomfortable and looks like i could be waiting a while to meet baby then
  • Hi, I'm 32weeks pregnant and I wake up early hours of the morning about 4 with really bad pains in my stomach, my lower back is really achy and my bum is achy and the tops of my legs are really sore could I be in slow labour by any chance? I don't really wanna go hospital just yet because I've not lost anything down below yet I need some advise of someone please thankyou X :? :?
  • I am 39 weeks pregnant and i am wondering if i am in slow labour? I keep getting shooting pains / period pains in my lower area and i also keep getting pain in my lower back. I keep waking up early hours in the morning to use the bathroom but only doing little dribbles of wee. I also need to use the bathroom a lot during the day but most of the time i dont end up doing anything. My pains are becoming more often now and have been getting worse for the past 3 days. I also cant have my knickers over my bump as they roll down and cant stay up. I think my show has finally come away as it is very sticky / gooey and brownish / creamy colour. I dont know whether to infrom my midwife or leave it to see if the pains get worse. What shall i do? And am i in slow labour?
  • hi im 32 weeks and 3 days pregnant with my second child and lost alot of mucus on friday went to go ring community midwifes..whilst walking down stair and finding my papers realised i was wet down below and they said sometimes it can happen when you have pelvic girdle pain..as you can sometimes go numb down below and to put a maternity pad on if it is sodden then go into them..but all weekend i have had little pains and alot of back pains lower back and going half way up my back..its hurting and im aching down below very sore when im sitting having to stand up or change position alot im feeling like i need the toilet alot but nothing happening maybe a little trickle..im confused about my due date and worrying cos at our last scan they said we was measuring 4 weeks ahead..so i dont know if these pains are a good thing or not..anyone else had the same problems.

• my girlfriend is having similar symptons (back ache, tightening pains etc) but she has been to hospital earlier today and the doctor said she wasn't in slow labour but she is still layed up in bed with the same symptons... any suggestions ?

• hi, im 38 weeks just and i had my show 11 days ago and i have on and off had contrations or 'braxton hicks' and somtimes they are really strong and sometimes they are nothing just feel tight its so anoying i have SPD aswell so i am so uncomfortable ad in so much pain but there is nothing i can do, does anyone have and ideas on either how to bring this on other then sex and a hot curry as have tryed both lol, but seriously i need help lol!!

• I spent a lot of time bouncing on a gym ball. Did wonders for the pain and I had my girl at 38 + 4, 8 hours after my show. I'm sure it helped get her down there and ready. Other than that, long walks are supposed to help. Or u could try acupuncture or reflexology, I've read that can bring on labour too x

• I'm 37 weeks and a day. A few days ago I was having really bad aches and pains in my lower back and at the same time having fake contractions on and off for a few hours then it just all went away. The doctor said I dropped but idk if I'm dialated or not yet. I lost a little bit of my mucus plus two different time, the first time was a week and a half ago and this time was the day before yesterday. Today I feel exhausted and really nauseous and have a bad headache and just feel different with some pains. And aches. Any ideas? Does this mean labors coming really soon?
  • I've been having bad pains for 2 weeks now. They've been getting worse over the past couple of days and I haven't slept for 3 days because of them. I keep go betting bad period pains every 20 minutes and back pains and shooting pains down there. I rang the midwife and she said I could be in slow labour. What does this mean??
  • I am 37 weeks and 5 days.  I lost my mucous on Wednesday and have been having b/h faithfully.  However, this morning I woke up with severe lower back pain and menstrual cramping.  I started having contractions around 9 a.m. and had them every 5-7 minutes and the lasted 40-75 seconds.  I had them like till 1 p.m. and then everything stopped.  No back pain or cramping.  Can u tell me if I am in slow labor?