Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Leasking fluid!! Sos if TMI!!

Need a bit of advice!!

Had sex with hubby this morning! image I'm 36 weeks today!!
Have been loosing a bit of clear fluid all day, with a few sharp pains only lasting about 4 or 5 seconds. Phoned MW who said phoned hospital. Phoned hospital who said come straght away! Said i cant really cos i have a little one in bed and we live 20 miles from the hospital. Phoned MW to tell her this and she said that that seemed ok. Have i done the right thing?!

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not loosing to much, having to change thong liner maybe twice at most. Had this fluid type thing with prevoious pregnancy and everything was ok and I wasnt in labour.

I',m so confused. Any advice would be great!!

Thanks x

Replies

• Hello I only remember that your hind waters can break and that is just a tricle which can go on for several days but u may need antibiotics in case of an infection I would probably go first thing in the morning just to have it checked out.But are u sure it isnt just increased discharge which is normal? Dont worry,your midwife woulnt put u in a risk but do go in in the morning.Best of luck
  • You really should get checked out, I had the samething happen.
    First:- Sex is a great way to start yourself off, its the prostaglandin in the semen!!!!
    Second:-If your waters have broken they can either gush or leak slightly [had both varieties] and can allow infection to enter.
    If your leaking fluid in small amounts it might be a 'hind rupture'.

So please try to get to the hospital or tell your mw to come see you [don't know where your from but have had babies in Kent and Scotland and the m/w has always been happy to come out] as all that needs doing is a simple test of the fluid you are leaking and they know if your waters have gone.
    Either way let me know how things go.
    Breige
  • Still havent gone to hospital!! MW said she would see me if I am concerned but I'm not really so havent seen anyone! Not as much fluid as there was yesterday, and LO is still moving around. Reluctant to go to hospital as live 20 miles away, have a 11 month old daughter, and my mum cant babysit my daughter cos my brother is seriously ill at the min with a temperature of 103!! Am seeing the consultant on thursday at the same hospital becasue im having shared care due to previous problems so will ask then about the fluid!