Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

wetness in late pregnancy

I dont know if anyone can help, but Im a bit worried about an increase in wetness in the last week. I dont know if this is due to the baby pushing against my bladder, or if its my waters leaking.

I have had small amounts every day for the last 8 weeks or so, but in the last week its increased. Just wondering how you can tell and how much is normal.

Hope someone out there can give me some advice!

Sarah x

41 wks.... ARGHHHHH!!!!

Replies

• Hi again, i felt permanently damp down below toward the end of my pregnancy, increased blood flow, persperation, etc.. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids, especially cranberry juice, to avoid getting thrush. Denise xxx
  • thanx denise!

when will this ever end eh? hehehehe xxx
  • I'm 38 weeks and for the past week have noticed an increase in wetness / discharge - sorry if that's TMI!
    I'm getting to the point now where I'm always rushing to the toilet to see if I've had a show or any sign of my water's breaking. I'm booked in for a section next wednesday so only another week of this paranoia! I don't know what's considered normal, but from reading around it seems like we all experience the same thing at this stage. We were told at my antenatal class to sniff our knickers if we were concerned our waters had broken! Apparently the waters have a distinctive protein / egg white smell quite different from normal bodily discharges!
  • Hi, I'm still having dampness down below. I have been for a few weeks now. i just wear pantyliners which are a great help. 34 weeks now....but everything is normal...Sarah xx
  • I had this too - I was 9 days overdue, I went to be checked out due to baby not moving much and my waters had actually gone and a scan showed not much fluid left so I would get this checked out, especially if you are overdue, I got induced 2 days later as they only like to leave you 4 days with no waters due to infection.
  • i had a constant feeling of wetness for the last week or so of my pregnancy i think its quite normal coz lots of books etc say that u mite wana wear pads 4 the last few weeks so it must be expected 2 happen