Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Low lined Placenta - week baby delievered

Hello All,

I have been told that my placenta is low lined (currently 30/31 weeks). I have a scan in 3 to 4 weeks, if placenta has not moved I will be scheduled to have a c-section birth.

Have you had a c-section for this reason or know someone who has? If so, please would you let me know at what week in pregnancy the c-section took place/was scheduled?

The reason I am asking is my midwife has mentioned it'll probably be week 39. I personally feel that is quite late and week 37/38 would be much better, because I know that if I went into natural labour this is quite dangerous. I know some areas perform the operation earlier.

But they know what they are talking about, and I trust the proffessionals. Just wanted your thoughts really.

Kindest regards

Rachel
x

[Modified by: RachelandBabygirl on 08 December 2008 15:35:33 ]

[Modified by: RachelandBabygirl on 08 December 2008 18:14:56 ]

Replies

• I had this with my little girl. I got scanned every 6 weeks to check to see if it had moved. Thankfully at my 34 week scan it had but I was told if it hadn't moved I would have been getting a C-Section at 37 weeks so 39 weeks does seem a little late for me

xx
  • HI
    If youmean placenta previa where the placenta is totally blocking the birth canal OR low lying? Low lying is not so bad...you can sometimes have a natural brith depending how low it is. I had placenta previa. This is dangerous and needs careful monitoring. I was put on immed bed rest at 34 weeks when it was discovered. I was due to go in hosp at 36 weeks and deliver at hopefully 37 weeks. 37 weeks was the latest date they would have c sectioned me due to how dangerous this can be if you start to bleed. I did bleed very heavily at home at 35 weeks and had a dramatic emergency section. Luckily me and my beautiful daughter Amelia were fine. Amelia sepnt week in SCBU but was fine after that.

Good Luck and make sure you get all your Q's answered from the hospital.

d xxx
  • HI
    If youmean placenta previa where the placenta is totally blocking the birth canal OR low lying? Low lying is not so bad...you can sometimes have a natural brith depending how low it is. I had placenta previa. This is dangerous and needs careful monitoring. I was put on immed bed rest at 34 weeks when it was discovered. I was due to go in hosp at 36 weeks and deliver at hopefully 37 weeks. 37 weeks was the latest date they would have c sectioned me due to how dangerous this can be if you start to bleed. I did bleed very heavily at home at 35 weeks and had a dramatic emergency section. Luckily me and my beautiful daughter Amelia were fine. Amelia sepnt week in SCBU but was fine after that.

Good Luck and make sure you get all your Q's answered from the hospital.

d xxx