Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Is this labour?

Hi girls

I am 38 weeks tomorrow. I wrote a little while ago I woke up one night a week or so ago and was all wet, anyway I had nothing since and so thought maybe it was urine...nice!

Anyway since then on and off I keep getting lower back ache and a dull ache round the front of my bump, when I get this though it's all the time, like it does not come and go and then when it goes it goes?

I have had it all day today and then it went for about an hour and now I have it again?? I have no idea what it is, I have no idea what a BH feels like, though this sort of hurts and also my belly is tight at all in fact it feels softer??

I also went to the loo today while I was out to lunch and my knickers were soaked again but this time as this is TMI, it had a funny smell to it, almost sweet. It never smelt like that the last time ?

K xx
37+6

Replies

• hi there. i would give your maternity unit a ring and get checked out. it could be your hind waters. try putting a pad on to see how long it takes to wet, good luck, hope all goes ok. xx
  • Yeah they thought that last time but asked me to put a towel on and if it happened again in an hour to go in but nothing happened and that was a few days ago now and then it happened again today, though I have a feeling they will say the same thing.

Maybe I am in slow labour I don't really know enough about slow labour so might look it up.

K xx
    37+6
  • i would defo ring again as when your water break you are prone to infection my waters broke at 36+6 when i had my first and they wanted me in to check and would not let me go longer than 2 days with out water as not good for the baby lucky on the way home i startde getting contractions and by 6:31 the next day my lo was born!!